Getting the most out of Refresh for yourself
Ron’s approach to teaching truths of Scripture is both practical and powerful. He openly and honestly challenges his readers with pithy quotes, stories of Bible characters, and with Scripture... This book is a “must read” for all who desire a deeper relationship with the Lord. Della Letkeman, author of “Ants” and “Voice in the Darkness”
Prepare yourself for the journey of your life. En route you will come upon 19 "Rest Stops" strategically placed to invite you to pause in your pursuit of a closer walk with the Lord and a deeper experience of the Christian life. Time spent at each stop, to internalize the practical and pertinent guidance, will not only shorten the journey but make it the adventure of your life. William J. McRae, President Emeritus, Tyndale University College and Seminary
Here are some thoughts about how to capitalize on Refresh.
- Seriously consider the "potential pitfalls" mentioned in each chapter and develop strategies to avoid them.
- Think about things in your particular situation which may present obstacles to your incorporating these ways to boost your spiritual life into your routine. Make a list of specific strategies to get around them. Follow through.
- Find at least one other person with whom you can share your goals, even if he or she isn't in the same process you are. Invite your friend to hold you accountable to the degree you are both comfortable. Then, don't wait for questions, volunteer information about both your successes and failures. Ask for prayer support. (Note: While face-to-face meetings with your friend are preferable, this can be done by phone or email as well.)
- Use Refresh to enhance your regular time with the Lord for as long as it takes you. Be sure to devote at least a little energy to applying the ideas as well as thinking about them.
- Journal the process. If you're comfortable with it, put it on your facebook page or blog about it
- Share your struggles, triumphs and ideas on this website. Perhaps we can build a community of people seriously preparing themselves for God to work in their lives.
I'll keep adding ideas here as long as you keep sending them in. To submit suggestions for this page, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.